Thursday, October 24, 2013

RPG Person Profiles: Almost As Useful As...

Zak S has good ideas for building RPG communities and helping make sense of them. Like this one

I'm currently running (at home): Before moving across the country, I ran D&D for a regular group. Actually hacked Castles & Crusades with D&D Basic & LotFP. I'm cooking up a D&D/Feng Shui/BRP hack that's like Adventure Time to try and get some non-gamer friends to play here.

Tabletop RPGs I'm currently playing (at home) include: I'd love to play, got to find a local group. Anyone in the SF Bay Area?

I'm currently running (online): Pendragon with mutant animals from After the Bomb. Play-by-post just ended, G+ Hangouts campaign soon to begin. Previously D&D. 

Tabletop RPGs I'm currently playing (online) include: D&D, hacked together from many sources - IE FLAILSNAILS games. A little BRP.

I would especially like to play/run: Night's Black Agents. Call of Cthulhu. BRP. Stormbringer. Rogue Trader 40K. Star Wars d6. Gigacrawler. Pendragon. 

...but would also try:  Horror rpgs. DCCRPG. TMNT. Supers of some kind. I'll try anything.

I live in: San Francisco

2 or 3 well-known RPG products other people made that I like: 
Better Than Any Man (James Raggi)
Stormbringer (Ken St. Andre)
Vornheim (Zak S)

2 or 3 novels I like:
Tales of Sex and Stage Diving (Millar)
The City and The City (Mieville)
The Continental Op (Hammett)

2 or 3 movies I like:
Alien
Blade Runner
Black Christmas (1974)

Best place to find me on-line: Google Plus

I will read almost anything on tabletop RPGs if it's: New/Different/inventive/based on history/based on folklore/thoughtful/badass

I really do not want to hear about: bland fantasy tropes, attempts to be intellectual without rigor, lazy thinking

I think dead orc babies are ( circle one: funny / problematic / ....well, ok, it's complicated because....) Useful. Scholars will argue they are moreso alive, but they are less obedient that way. 

Game I'm in are like:
Appropriate for content as well as NPC to hit rolls: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM9t2KSOfK8

Free RPG Content I made for _OSR D&D and other old tabletop RPGs_ is available here:
metalvsskin.blogspot.com

I talk about RPGs on G+ under the name Joey Lindsey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment